Sunday, January 26, 2014

Words and Music

Today will be filled with music, I listen to music when I am working, sometimes I need the words to sing along as I am organizing the studio, painting or working on the computer. Today will be filled with numbers too, doing the computer thing putting income and expenses on excel spreadsheet. Doing math stuff, I may need classical or jazz, maybe a little Miles Davis.

Trying to wrap up all the business of art today. This will free up the week as I move into paper making. Along with bringing the 30-30 to a close. Just 5 more paintings to go! I must admit I am happy that I was able to keep up. I confirmed that I really don't get one painting done in a day. I do several backgrounds in one day, pick one or two to block in dark's, and one to finish sometime that week. The advantage to pastels is no wait time for drying, I still like that.

As I was starting the 30-30 we had Chinese carry-out for dinner. One of the fortunes read - "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity". It rang true, as I had a stack of canvases, paper prepared, pastels and paints on my drawing tables and pictures printed as references. I did vary some of the images as I went along. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

The second fortune, "Only one who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible". Painting 30 paintings in 30 days was a bit absurd but I am coming to a close to achieving the impossible. Now to take this experiences, increase the size of the canvases/papers and work at getting one or two paintings done a week.

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement along this challenge. It has helped make this fun and giving me the push I needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...