Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 31 - Year of The Horse

Happy New Year - Chinese New Year, it goes from January 31, 2014 to February 18, 2015. It is a Lunar New Year and the year of the Wood Horse. There are 12 animals in the cycle that interact with 5 elements, wood, metal, fire, water and earth.

The horse has a ying-yang influence. The horse is a symbol of power, it can promote action or be supportive.

Since this is Day 31 of January and Rick suggested that I should wrap of the 30-30 challenge with a 31st painting...which I had already done because I did two owls on the one day. But, since it is the year of the horse, I did a little mixed medium piece last night.

Rick's Roundup - mixed medium on wine stained paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...