Thursday, December 12, 2013

Trying To Get To The Art

This time of year is so busy it is hard to get into the studio and work on a regular schedule. Not that I ever have a regular schedule but I do push to get at least get some work done each week. It is not like I am not doing any work, but the business of art is hanging over my head too much these days. The applying for shows, which reminds me need to do that before heading out this morning!!! See! Getting paper work in order. Organizing files paper and on the computer.

And then there are the holidays, gift giving, getting packages in the mail, sending cards to those we don't see as much as we would like. Cooking and cleaning come in there to, the cooking part becomes part of my creative process. If I can't get into the studio, I cook, especially bake.

But, in-between all these things there are still shows going on, this weekend the AZ Arts Alliance Gallery has a opening reception, Saturday, Dec. 14th from 6-9PM. If you have not finished your holiday shopping it is a great place to stop by, the gift shop has many small items and the gallery is filled with painting, photography, sculptures and other 3-D works. I have 2-D work hanging, plus my hand made books in the gift shop.

For those back on the east coast, The Little Gallery at Smith Mountain Lake and the Mountain Lake Lodge gift shop & gallery also have some of my work, prints, framed pieces and books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...