Monday, December 16, 2013

Time For Art

As this year is coming to a close, I have been thinking about the idea of gifts and giving. Giving from the heart. Artists tend towards the creative - go figure - we like to make things for others. It is part of what makes us tic, our DNA. I often find that if I am not in the studio I am in the kitchen and sometimes on the computer. I like to bake, cookies, cakes and I love soups, so I cook when I am not painting/drawing. The computer is double edge, I must to my invoices, inventories and bookkeeping on the computer. Yet, I can also create cards, books and prints via the computer.

This coming year, Marilu & I are giving ourselves a gift and a challenge. We have both signed up to do 30 paintings in 30 days. This is meant to be fun, yet keep you working, keep you focused. I am trying to be somewhat organized about this, so I have made a folder on the computer with images that I want to draw/paint. I am planning to get my papers all together in one place, all the same size, I think, somewhere between 5x7 or 8x10. Still working on that might start with 5x7 and move up to 8x10.

The images will be posted on our web-sites, on this blog, on FaceBook and other locations. If you are interested in signing up for this challenge go to: http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com

This project begins on January 1st, 2014 - Depending on what time of day I get it done, it may be posted that evening or the next day. Might have to plan on doing the first one a day ahead so I can post each morning, hmmm, more to think about, but I will try to post a new picture each day. Somedays, there may be two if I miss a day but I am going to push to get this done!

Till then Happy Holidays, safe travels, keep drawing and painting.

Hippos - charcoal - currently on display at AZ Arts Alliance Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...