Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sixteen and Twenty-one

1621 - the date given to the first Thanksgiving - 3 days of celebration after the first harvest in the New World.

It was not until 1863 that President Lincoln proclaimed it an official  holiday in the U.S.

I have never been great at remembering dates, so I depend on things like Wikipedia to help me out with such things, for this I am thankful.

I am thankful for so many things in my life and will not list them all as it would go on and on...

So, the short and sweet is I am thankful for all my friends and family - near and all too far away!

Happy Thanksgiving, safe travels and a gentle day together.

Wild Turkeys in Zambia

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...