Friday, October 11, 2013

No Time For Trouble

I do believe this is the busiest fall I have had in a long time, I have no time to get myself in trouble. Coming up this Columbus Day Weekend is the Appalachia Harvest Festival at Mountain Lake Lodge, 115 Hotel Circle, Pembroke, VA - Home of Dirty Dancing!

I don't usually do outside shows but a combination of things made this one work. They have my work in their gallery, it is only 1/2 hour away and if the weather turns bad they have made inside arrangements for the artists. It has cooled down from last weekends 90's and heading into the mountain will be even cooler.

Today I organize for the show: making pulp for demonstrating paper making, packing up hand made books, hand pulled prints embedded in hand made paper and the practical part of planning outside fall shows. What to wear, how many layers and food to take me through the day? Hot tea or maybe hot apple cider, hmmm, that would be a good thing to have tomorrow.

It should be a wonderful way to spend the weekend. The trees are turning red, orange & yellow. I am sure there will be lots of tree inspirational photos taken this weekend too. And as you drive up to the lodge along the road are some wonderful exposed roots. When I don't have my hands in the pulpy water I may just need to do a few sketches. The hard part is do I bring a few pastel pencils, watercolor pencils, my mini watercolor set or all of these???






No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...