Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting Ready

This weekend I will be getting things ready for the paper making open studio that will start September 17th and go through September 22, 12:00 - 4:00 each day. Since this is the first time I have offered paper making in Blacksburg, VA, I am offering the first day as a Free Day. I will demonstrate how to take old paper and make it new again, recycling some of the damaged or small pieces of the acid free papers that I use for my art work.

After the demonstrate if you are so inclined, you can pull a piece of paper or two for yourself. Since space is limited I am asking that you make a reservation ahead of time. You can e-mail me at lhp5536@aol.com to book your space, get details and directions. From Wednesday, September 18th - 22nd there is a fee to attend the open studio: $30.00 for one day, $55.00 for any two days, $80.00 for any three days or $100.00 for any or all. Each day I will introduce new techniques and review the basics. You are only limited by what you create. Come try your hand at pulling paper, come any day or all 6!

If you don't want to make the paper yourself, you can come to Mountain Lake Lodge Harvest Festival October 12-13-14 from 10 - 4. Marilu & I will be doing demonstration and have small works for sale. I will demonstrate paper making and Marilu will show you how to use a spinning wheel. There will be lots of other artist, visual and musical at this event. More to come on this...

Pulling a new sheet of paper from recycled blue jeans

Hand made books made from recycled papers

more hand made books from recycled paper


pastel/charcoal painting on coffee stain paper embedded in handmade paper



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...