Sunday, September 22, 2013

Double-Down

I am not much of a gambler, so what does double down have to do with today's blog, art, nature or travel. I am hedging my bets, showing my hand, by making all this paper I now need to do something with this product. It has grown from my dining room area, into the kitchen, flowing through to my office space.

I believe that if I do the things that I love to do that others will love them too. A professor once told me, "do what you love and your audience will find you". So, I have been following his advise.

Artist take a risk every time they create a new piece of art. If they change their style a little or explore a different medium it is always a gamble. Will others love it as I do, will it get accepted into a show, will anyone buy it? These are our daily questions.

Double-down, in the game of 21, you split the cards in your hand and play both cards for 21 each. Lately, that is how I feel, I am split, trying to double the advantages of my art, so to speak. To make things that I enjoy making but to have them accepted by galleries, and the public for sales. To create a show that will make everyone happy, to make the things galleries want to sell, to be happy with the end result and hopefully not walk away from the table busted.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." Scott Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...