Thursday, September 5, 2013

Clutter - or - how to think like an artist

Where to start??? My office maybe...has become the staging area getting ready for Artomatic this weekend. As I think of something I might need it goes in the pile to pack in the car - "Staging Area"! Or some might say clutter but staging area sounds so nice.

Small prints & originals for Artist Market, Sunday 12-5 117 E. Church St., Frederick, MD

Artists are usually good at multi-tasking too or we get distracted easily, maybe both. But, my point is that I have been keeping up with the challenge to myself. I have been getting a little drawing in each day. At the Artist Market I will have something there - a little demo piece, maybe the owl I am currently working on...
Work in Progress - Day 3
Many artist who do the art challenge, work on a new piece each day. I will have to work up to that, for now just taking an hour or two and working is good. The feather part of this image was done as a ghost print during a monotype workshop I was teaching. I kept it thinking it would be something one day. I sketched in the owl on the branch, did watercolor underpainting and pastel on handmade paper with a slightly rough texture. 

Oh and new frames arrived to get the art that is hanging out in the guest room/linda's alternate working space ready for several other shows on the horizon. 

Even though this week has been pretty non-stop I am not feeling too stressed yet. Will remove the staging area, get my car packed, figure out what artsy things I need to bring for a long weekend up in Frederick and with a little good timing should be able to get a couple hours of drawing in this afternoon. See it is not so hard to think like an artist, you just need to be able to think past the clutter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...