Monday, September 2, 2013

A Challenge To Myself

I have never been good at doing the painting a day type challenge but I am going to give it a go with a gentle note. I am traveling a lot, driving type traveling, this adds some difficulty to drawing. So, I will try to draw for 30 minutes to an hour each day. I will give myself some bonus points if I have a good drawing/painting day and not stress if I don't get a drawing done each day.

Last week I did get several small pieces done. As many of you know I work in series, sometimes I just love the thing I am drawing so much that I have to draw it a couple times to get it out of  my system, my head. I generally will have more then one reference picture, which helps with drawing things in a serious. It is fun to put them all together on one sheet of paper, making a study of the subject.

I printed out several photos to work from, have been using my computer more as a drawing reference tool but when I use several photos at one time it is easier to have the prints in front of me. Today is Labor Day, and my day will be spent doing a labor of love. I love to draw, I love dry mediums, graphite, charcoal, pastel and sometimes even play around with watercolor pencils. Hope everyone is doing at least one thing today that they love to do, off to the drawing board - literally!

Lilac-breasted Roller, pastel & ink


Pied Kingfisher - pastel & watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...