Monday, June 24, 2013

Wrens and Hummingbirds

Spring into Summer has brought back all the resident birds.  I've seen 4 or 5 hummers at a time (that's an increase over last year).  And even though I've put out 5 sugar-water feeders, they still dive bomb each other and fight over the same one.  I'm sure there are Hummingbird nests somewhere close but I haven't been able to see them.  However, the wrens are very sociable and have set up housekeeping in a hanging basket of petunias on the front porch.  It's been easy to watch them from eggs to the now hungry chicks.  The parents have been OK with me being around, but they sometimes scream from the power lines overhead if they think I get too close.  I try to keep my distance, but have been able to snap a few pictures. 

.....I've been trying for over an hour to get some images to post, with no luck.   I'll try another time....till then....Happy Birdwatching in your backyard....

marilu

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing those babies in the nest. Been wanting to do a drawing with a nest.

    ReplyDelete

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...