Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Somethings in the air...

The mourning doves are still in spring season, flapping their wings and spreading tail-feathers. The peach faced love birds are singing. There seems to be an increase in bird activity and new visitors to the yard. Finches, sparrows, mocking birds, so many others that I need to pull my bird book out to see who they are and where they are coming from. Something is in the air with all these songs. Birds are finishing up with migration, moving from their winter homes to their summer homes.  

I sometimes feel like I am an accidental birder. I don't have a list of birds I want to see but am always fascinated  with those I see in my yard or when traveling. I do enjoy drawing the feathers, but it can be hard to get the faces just right. Cardinals often look ticked off and eagles can look intense. My job is to soften that look a little but still keep the information realistic. Practice makes perfect, tomorrow will be my day to practice, practice, practice...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...