Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Seeing Green

While I was in Portland, from a distance I saw trees that looked like they had green bark. The only trees I had seen that truly had green bark were Palo Verde trees. The state tree of Arizona.

As I got closer I saw that it was not the bark but moss growing on the trees. Some even had ferns growing from the moss. The amount of moisture in Portland makes this possible. Where the amount of sunshine makes the Palo Verde tree green.

It is always interesting how nature makes use of what it has available to continue living. I was seeing green but for different reasons.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...