Saturday, March 30, 2013

Small Spaces in Big Places

Portland is a walking town. It is a big city, lots of city noises, people movers, coffee shops and small spaces.

There are little parks tucked in here and there with big trees, rocks and private areas to sit for a moment.

I did walk along the waterfront yesterday then went into the Chinese Gardens a city block cut off from the rest of the world. I found several little areas to just sit for a few moments and take in the beauty of the moment. To help calm my heart and clear my mind.

Later in the afternoon I walked over to another little park on 11th Avenue. In the summer the ground fountains are going with kids running in & about. No water yet but still children having fun, adults sharing conversations, reading, eating lunch or sketching. Which is what I did.

I love finding these small spaces and just taking a moment to be alone in a crowd.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...