Friday, January 11, 2013

Yearly Bucket List

We all have things on our "Bucket List" - places to go, people to see, things to accomplish. So far this year I am checking things off of my list...Saw the sandhill cranes - check...Get into gallery in Old Scottsdale - check...

Last September I was in Old Scottsdale for Gallery Walk. A friend, Maryann Pranulis, was in town for the day. We had dinner, then walked in and out of galleries. One of those galleries was the Biltmore. They specialize in southwest historic works in one room of their gallery the other room features current artists. Esther was the manager on duty during gallery walk, as we spoke to her, we exchanged business cards. By the time I got home that evening I had a e-mail that Esther had already  looked at my web-site. We kept in contact over the next couple of months. The owner was back in town. I got follow up e-mails to bring some of my work into the gallery. Which I did this week and they now have 3 of my pieces.

Inspiration and motivation to bring in new works to the gallery by the end of the month. With possibility of additional gallery opportunities to come. Time to just go with the flow, work and enjoy these moments of creating. And a thank you to Maryann for coming into town, amazing what one day can change.

Thinking

beep-beep

Wise Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...