Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Art of Giving

There is a Art Show & Silent Auction this Saturday, January 26th at the Community Center in Scottsdale Ranch, 100th & Shea Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ. The last few years I had been part of the show and donated works of art for the silent auction.

This past July I taught a workshop for pastels at McDaniel College during the Common Ground on the Hill Event. Two of my students were happy to use some of the photo references I had brought from the AZ Animals Care & Control Org. This was to be one of the charities for the silent auction. I explained why I had these pictures and if they would like to donate the works for the show it would be greatly appreciated.

The two women who created work to donate are: Katherine LaPietra from MI and Sheila Chandler from VA. I have created two pieces to donate too. It is a good cause and since my main focus of art is animals it seemed the natural thing to do. Even though I am not doing the show this year I committed to donate works for the show. And as they say, the show must go on...

If you are local I hope you can stop by and see the artists works on display. Maybe find something you love, bid on one of the pieces at the auction and remember that the artists gave their work to help raise money for these charities, please give from your heart.

Thank you, Katherine & Sheila for giving your time and art for this cause.
Dogs & Cat by Linda HP - graphite

Cat by Sheila Chandler - pastel

Dog by Katherine LaPietra - pastel

For additional information on the show & charity here are the web sites:
http://www.AZfaccs.org
http://www.artistsofscottsdaleranch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...