Monday, October 29, 2012

Ring Around the Moon

Friday night and Saturday night there was a ring around the moon. I did not have my tripod with me so I hand-held my camera, zoomed in and took a couple shots. Then I went in to check with google to see what a ring around the moon meant.

Ring around the moon, rain and snow coming soon...was the first thing to come up. Guest Mother Nature was right again. Then it talked about the air being so cold that ice crystals form around the moon giving it the appearance of a ring.

The rain started last night here in Blacksburg and we have snow...just some flurries at the moment but it is snowing in VA. Not often we see snow before November. Take care, be mindful of Hurricane Sandy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...