Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I've been framed

Since this is crunch week and as I have stated in the past many artists lean towards procrastination. Many of us are finishing up framing. Because I was traveling from here to there bringing work from AZ. I tried to keep a record of what frames I had in VA so I could pre-cut mats and just pop them in the frames. Well not everything is standard size. Something I have been working on over the years.

I did have to go out in search of frames. I found what I needed two 12X12 black silver toned frames. They looked good, so I bought them, got them home, framed my work and as I go to put in the hangers in the back I realize the frames are plastic or some resin type material - oh my! Then they are separating at the corners almost before my eyes - again - oh my!! I un-frame the work, take them back to the place I purchased them and in search of two 12X12 frames.

Looks like I too will be framing in those last moments before the show opens on Friday. And I am still waiting for a shipment to arrive that was mailed over a week ago from AZ with art to be framed. Off to the post office this morning in hopes of finding lost art. To see if these mysteries get solved, the missing art and can I find the frames I need you will need to stop by the show.

Come on out - it is going to be a beautiful weekend! Fine Arts in the Valley at Country Pleasures Farm, 6219 Harley Road, Middletown, MD Oct. 12-13-14-19-20-21 from 10 - 5.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...