Monday, October 1, 2012

For The Birds

Just because I did not have enough things to do this weekend I did a little 6x6 mixed media piece. While I was in Portland I saw a card for the Wild Arts Festival. Dick Blick was giving away 6x6 canvases to anyone that would create a bird image and donate it for this festival with all the proceeds going to the Audubon Society of Portland. Well, I could not pass that up as it was for the birds.

I had already coffee stained the canvas from National Coffee Day. Sunday I sat for a while and did a little mixed medium painting falcon. It gets shipped off today, one more project down, oh so many more to go.

While I am sending that piece off, I will be mailing the "By My Side" piece that got into the APS show in NC and thinking I might just ship some more art back for the FAV show.

Did some experimenting this weekend too with the pastels that are sealed and working on how to frame them without glass. You may need to come by the FAV show to see how some of them turned out and let me know what you think. It's coming up fast October 12-13-14-19-20-21! http://www.wix.com/fineartsinthevalley/fav

"falcon" mixed media on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...