Sunday, September 16, 2012

Two Steps Forward & Not Looking Back

It has been a pretty good week. Bathroom renovation is going well. Got several works that were half done finished. I even got the blog slideshow to work. When I went to update it with the Fine Arts in the Valley works of art it would give me pictures of people and places I did not know. It was picking up "key words" to try to find the things I wanted. But, it was not working. So, I let it go for a while. When I went back to it I found the right combination of words and no spaces to make it find the art I wanted in the slide show. It picked up the first draft where it just takes things as they are loaded in order. Not exactly what I wanted but I am happy it is up & running.

The artists in the slideshow are: linda hp (pastel), Marilu (scratchboard), Homer Yost (sculpture), Tracy Reed Tousignaut (photography), Sarah Simpson (photography) and Beccy Lynch (jewelry).

Here are a few of the works that I finished this week. I am thinking they are more mixed up pastels, then mixed media. I used watercolor under painting for some, I had a silkscreen non-objective background that I worked over for another, different papers for others. But, in the end they all became pastel paintings.

pastel over silkscreen back ground

pastel using the white of the paper

pastel on tan Rives BFK paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...