Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Balance

Trying to keep things in balance lately. Dividing time up into sections to get things done. I make lists. I am working on being better about putting things in my on-line calendar so it reminds me of what I am trying to do that day.

But on days like today, September 11th, I try to balance my life with the memory of what happened on this date. It is still so fresh in our minds. It is still hard to think about, it has been some time since I have been to New York & ground zero. Each time I have been there it has been overwhelmingly sad.

Years ago I started a drawing of the building pieces, I kept seeing this image over and over, on the news, in the papers, in my sleep. So, I put it on paper, I packed it away not knowing if it was done or not. Not knowing if it would ever be for sale as it was a work of emotion that needed to come out.

I think it is time for me to go looking for this piece. Take a look at it again to see if it is finished or should I add more to it. Balancing personal emotion, life interruptions and creativity. That will be my challenge for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...