Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Namaste

Namaste-derived from Sanskrit "Namah" - bow "te" short for tubhyam - to you...I bow to you - a greeting or valediction upon parting. Good day, to be well, a non-contact form is to bring your hands together in front of the chest with a slight bow, a form of respect. "The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine Spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra." Wikipedia

So, to all, Namaste. When I hear, see or use this word/gesture I think yoga. Yoga makes me think calm. Sometimes, my mind and body get so wrapped up in so many things it is hard to find moments of calm. I am trying to find the calm in today. Life always presents lots of changes. Trying to go with the flow, take a breath and calm our soul is not always easy.

I continue to try to tap into that Divine Spark. Everyone has their own personal Spark, each person has their own special talent. Some see things more clearly, some listen better, some can transfer what they see to paper, some capture the emotion of life around them and create. As I go down this bunny trail Namaste, yoga, calm, creativity...it makes me think of projects still in the back of my head that one day I hope to develop. One of those projects has to do with hands. I love to look at hands. I especially loved my Mother's hands, they were not pretty hands but they were the hands of a woman who worked hard. I think for the next few mornings I will have to draw some hands. Until then Namaste.


My Mom

Tomy with his guitar
my hand drawing
Lori picking blueberries


Margie my Mother-in-Law playing cards

Marilu spinning yarn
a gentleman at New Market Days 


Andi Burchette preparing to draw




No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...