Sunday, August 12, 2012

Boom! Pow! Bang!

It is a hummingbird Sunday, we have two types that hang around here most of the time. The Anna and the Black Faced hummingbirds. They are larger the the Ruby Throated you see back east. They may be more aggressive or more comfortable or maybe both. As I am sitting here this morning as usual with my morning coffee they are flying all around. The main Anna is protecting his territory to the point that there is a fly-by so close to my head that the wings hit my ear. I have heard them as they crash into each other. They are little warriors. One is doing a little dance in front of the mesquite tree, tail flared, moving side to side, up and down. Not sure if that is a display of power or a little dance. Either way they are a funny little bird and I enjoy sharing my mornings with them.

Here are a few pictures from not only my back yard but from different gardens in AZ and if I can find it maybe MD too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...