Friday, August 31, 2012

Art of the Computer: friendly enemy

Computers and digital cameras are equipment that most artists use and need. Last year I spent the time transferring and backing up files from one laptop to the other. Even though you think you are doing a good thing. When you need those files and go to open them up they aren't exactly what you had saved. Each computer even though it is the same brand has some new way of formatting. Old programs that you loved are not the same and anything that you saved to that program now needs to be re-formatted or completed re-entered.

So, why am I going on and on about this...I spent the last 2 hours trying to find my mailing list. It is saved on my back-up hard drive and I tried to "import" it to the new computer. I thought I had it on the new computer but opened all my files and can't find it!!! The laptop does not accept the "format" and when I open it via the back-up hard drive well it comes up in English but the files show up at an angle. I did play with them to get them in columns and have printed off a hard copy just in case I lose it all.

Now do I re-enter them into this lap top? Do I hand write the post cards I wanted to print labels for this morning? Do I wait and see if the old CD that I set my mail list up on is in AZ? Maybe I will do a little of this and a little of that. Because computers are really great when they work but when they don't it can really eat into the time you thought you might have to do a little drawing.

Okay, off my soap box and moving on...breath, enjoy the clear almost fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...