Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nature as Abstract

After looking at the mountains in the light of the monsoons lately. I started thinking about how abstract they become. Often my work feels like it is abstracted, taking the tree and closing in on it till you see the details of the bark. Zooming in on rocks and leaves.

According to Webster's Dictionary, yes the old kind with pages and everything...Abstract vb 1: Remove, Separate 3: to draw away the attention of. adj. 3: having only intrinsic form with little or no pictorial representation

I can't say that my work goes to the extreme of no pictorial representation but I do like the up close and personal in nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...