Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mental telepathy must be real....

I am always amazed how Linda and I can come up with similar thoughts with no communication and being a continent apart.  Two days ago I chose a sketchbook - from my collection of many, and sorted out some pencils - again, from thousands!!!  My first plan was to sketch something - anything - everyday for a year.  That overwhelmed me a bit, so I'm starting with a month at a time.  Since the new month is so close, I plan to start August 1st. 

I have a tough time sitting down and attempting to suddenly create something wonderful.  Much as I would like to do that, it can't be done unless you practice, practice, practice.   I have deadlines looming, and they are starting to make me nervous.  Scratchboard is not a medium that is quickly created.  I get bogged down in the 'getting started' part.  So I am hoping that sketching everyday will make things flow easier.  It definetly can't hurt.  For an artist working in a graphic style, the hand-eye coordination is so important.  Even a short time off will have a negative effect on your abilities, not to mention your confidence.  I haven't finished a new piece of art for three or four months.  So I've got a lot of catching up to do. 

Time will tell if I can make this work.  I am not the most organized person.  But now I've made it public, so I will have to be accountable.....I'll let you know how that works out.....

marilu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...