Saturday, July 21, 2012

In One Place

It is nice to be in  one place for a while. In less then 30 days Rick & I have been coast to coast - ocean to ocean - bay to bay.

In between the storm that blew through the east coast breaking trees in half and uprooting others I drove from Blacksburg, VA up to Frederick, MD for a visit with Marilu. An afternoon of planning for fall shows & just getting caught up. We only had the one day as she was heading to CA for her opening of the scratchboard show and workshops.

Sunday, July 1st I drove to McDaniel College in Westminister, MD to set up for my pastel workshop & show at Common Ground on the Hill. A two week event with a festival in the middle. Music, arts of all forms: drawing, photography, iron works, pottery, pastels, puppet making - something for everyone, all ages and levels. I was there for the first week teaching soft pastels. I had a great class and wonderful time. Look forward to doing this again next year. If you missed it this year save the web site for next years events and classes at http://www.commondgroundonthehill.org

Here are a few photos of McDaniel College, my students and some of the works they created. My next post hope to show a step by step of the great horned owl I used as my demo piece in the class.




 













No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...