Thursday, July 26, 2012

Coffee, a sketchbook & me

I love books, handmade sketchbooks, old library books, even my electronic book. I have been wanting to get over to the library and just walk around waiting for that special book to just appear. I use to do this a lot but over the years with technology have gotten out of the habit.

Another habit is sketching in old books, calendars, new sketchbooks or books I create. When I was living in Frederick, MD I had started doing little sketches of the plants, leaves & trees that grew in the woods around my home. I was trying to make it a seasonal thing but it would get put away I would forget about it till the season past.

I have never been good at a painting a day. So, I won't commit myself to that now but what I have started doing while I am still here in AZ is a little sketch in the morning with my coffee. Even with the high heat of the afternoon the mornings are very nice to sit outside, watch the sun rise over the mountains and do a little sketch. So, for the next 3 weeks I will try to do a sketch each morning of cactus, trees, mountains, pods or leaves that I see from my backyard. Wish me luck!


Slipper Plant in bloom with fruit on left




No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...