Saturday, May 12, 2012

Motion

I am in VA at the moment....packing up part of my studio to ship to AZ. Life has been non-stop motion over the last couple of years. Here, there, everywhere, some travel for fun, some for life changes, some for work, and some for love.

Trying to think ahead, something most artist learn to do well as we have to plan art shows a year to two in advance. As I pack up part of the studio, I need to think what do I need to leave for a workshop I am teaching in July at Common Ground on the Hill. http://www.commongroundonthehill.org/
What do I need to leave for shows coming up this fall, Fine Arts in the Valley at Country Pleasures Farm in MD and at the National Conservation Training Center in WV. And what am I going to bring to new gallery in Roanoke, VA - Gallery 108. Located at 108 Market St., Roanoke, VA http://www.gallery108.biz/

So, I have one room that was my drawing room - now filled with lots of work, paper, and anything I could think of that I might need between now and the end of the year. The rest of my studio is boxed up waiting for the movers to come Tuesday or Wednesday. As our theme song seems to be - "on the road again" this applies to my art, equipment and studio space.


Studio in Blacksburg, VA

Studio in a Box


I have come to discover over the years that home is where the heart is and I guess that applies to art studios too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...