Monday, July 11, 2011

Hazy, lazy days of summer.....

It's July in the mid-Atlantic.  That means Hazy-Hot-Humid.  It doesn't bring on strong desires to hike in the woods.  At any rate, the wildlife is laying low too.  Very little activity except early morning and late evening.  Even the birds are quiet in the middle of the day. 
I guess this is what I take all those photographs for while on vacations in search of wildlife.  To work on during the hot days in the coolness of my studio.  I've been gravitating toward the images from Alaska, all the while remembering the cool breezes and icy glaciers.  Some of the eagle photos are high on my list.  I've sketched one out that I think will make a dramatic scratchboard.  But I'm also enamored with a photograph that a friend took while in Costa Rico.  It's a Blue and Gold Macaw.  He got a great head and shoulders shot and the blue colors are amazing.  He's given me permission to use it, and that's what I'm working on now. 
There are several exhibit opportunities coming up this Fall.  The Art at the Mill in northern Virginia is always a popular show; the miniture show will be held again this year at the Gallery at Fells Point in Baltimore; a two person show with my daughter in Frederick in September; several venues throughout the region that accept one or two pieces for a month; and the big event of Art-o-matic in Frederick running late September into early November.  Also, Linda and I will continue to collaborate on exhibits every chance we get.  Wow, I think I'd better get busy!!! 
These and other events will be listed on the Calendar pages on our websites as the dates are firmed up.  Check it often at http://www.marilutousignaut.com/ and http://www.lindaharrisonparsons.com/.   I've also recently joined the group of artists represented by The Artist Angle.  You can see those works and order fine art prints online at http://www.marilutousignaut.theartistangle.com/.  
                                                                                      marilu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...