Friday, July 29, 2011

Discoveries

I am always amazed at Mother Nature and often surprised. Travels in OR took me to Bend not in the middle of the state but close. The Deschutes River runs through it with National Forest to the west. One of my discoveries was that near Bend is Lava Butte. I had not thought about lava flows being part of the landscape of OR. There are many waterfalls, lakes, trees snow covered mountains and the remains of volcanoes. Lava Butte is part of the Newberry Volcanic Monument. You can drive up to the Butte and walk around the red & black rocks of the cone volcano. The view is filled with Ponderosas Pine, Mt. Bachelor, Tumalo Mtn. & South Sister Mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...