Sunday, May 29, 2011

Strawberries, deer, ducks & groundhogs

I discovered the deer that walk through my backyard each day like strawberries. I had brought back some plants from the new house in Blacksburg. Transplanted them to hanging baskets. They were doing fine, strawberries nice and red. I come out the other morning to find the one basket the deer usually don't brother had no leaves and no strawberry just a few green stems sticking out. One plant down two to go.

As I was driving into Downtown Frederick I like to drive by Baker Park. The lake always as ducks in, near, around it and they like to cross the street to get to the other side. They are very use to cars and often go right up to the four way stop to cross the street there. It makes you smile as you sit in your car waiting for a line of ducks to cross the street.

And to end the day along Rocky Springs Road were two groundhogs trying to cross the road but as two cars were coming in different directions. They opted to back up, doing what looked like a groundhog version of the moonwalk dance step. It was the kind of thing that made you laugh out loud. I don't think I have ever seen a groundhog just come to a stop and go in reverse.


This morning is misty you can tell the heat is on it's way. As I sit with my morning coffee and listen to the birds I am enjoying the mountain laurel which is as full as I think I have every seen it. I am hoping to do a bit of plein air painting in pastel before all this beauty escapes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...