Thursday, January 27, 2011

Be Gentle

"Come forth into the light of things. Let nature be your teacher." William Wordsworth

This year I am working to have a gentle state of mind. Not to rush into things but to open my eyes and look a little closer. I like to know the names of the things I see and draw. I do not always know the latin names but I am trying to do more research in that area too. On my walks through the local park I watch the trees as they change. Since the weather is milder in AZ the changes happen very quickly. I have noticed that flower buds are appearing on what looks like Creosote Bushes - (Larrea tridentata) Caltroop Family
On my next walk I will take pictures and pick up some pods along the way. Trying to take a sketch book with me so I can take a few notes and do a few drawings. Till next time, take a walk if you can, or if you are snowed in back east, stay warm and curl up with a favorite book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...